Bob & Beth Xavier
Grace Martial Arts, Florida, USA
XAVIER GRACE MARTIAL ARTS BIBLE CLUBS
Why Faith? A Defense for Faith
Read Box Xavier's booklet here.
Investing in the lives and Eternal Destiny of Youth and Families
January 20, 2015
FAMILY BLESSINGS & CHALLENGES
+ Beth continues to be challenged with chronic pain due to last yearís car accident.
+ Son Jonathanís wife Rachel gave birth to Ronin Ezra, December 22, 2014.
+ Daughter Rebecca will give birth to her fifth child, April 2015. Rebecca, her husband Chris and Beth continue wonderful administrative assistance for 175 GMA students enrolled in four Grace Martial Arts clubs. Rebecca & Chrisís Joshua, age 7, continutes to receive positive medical reports with regards his scoliosis surgery and improvement.
+ Daughter Rachel graduated from State College of Florida. We request fervent prayers for her.
GRACE MARTIAL ARTS BIBLE CLUBS - BLESSINGS & CHALLENGES
+ I made a large flip chart to teach a 3-part series on The Deity of Christ: Part 1: Divine Names of God; Part 2: Five distinctive, divine attributes only God possesses; Part 3: Seven works God alone can do. Jesus Christ has all the names of God, all five divine attributes, and did all seven works God alone can do! Many GMA students have never had any Bible teaching. It has been a real joy for us to have the students, parents and church fellowships positively respond to The Deity of Christ teaching and Scripture memory.
+ Every year we are blessed to graduate outstanding teen-age black belt leaders who are grounded in the grace-centered, finished-work teaching of Christ. Thank you for your prayers PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS
+ Mark McGee, key GMA adult leader, moved to Alabama leaving many students in Tampa with the need for an advanced Black Belt instructor. Pray the Lordís direction to meet this need.
+ PDF copy of The Deity of Christ .
+ We are requesting direction and provisions to develop a DVD Ė an instructional presentation for Christian martial arts instructors, parents and students to provide a clear teaching of the Gospel plus Biblical illustrations and life skills utilizing martial arts skills and principles.
In Christís Love & Grace,
Bob & Beth
Powerfully Connecting With Our Kids' World While Affirming Them with Vital Christian Family Values
Bob also coordinates as 'grace' oriented martial arts program that uses that medium to develop Christian character in young men and women. Beth Xavier assists Bob with co-counseling of women residents, provides hospitality and a healthy role-model to women residents.
Read Bob & Beth's booklet Training Champions for Christ. This explains their ministry purpose.
Xavier's May 2013 Ministry Update
We are beginning again with our martial arts outreach at the Palma Sola Community Church, the Grace Church our family has been attending since 1987. Print out the flyer for 2013-2014 year and/or the summer of 2013 and find out more. We have already distributed 6000 flyers to the elementary schools in the area. We are praying that some new families and children will begin to attend the church through this new ministry outreach. Our newest Newsletter will also be a good way to catch up on our ministry.
Over two hundred children every week, at five different church locations, are learning the ABC’s of Grace Martial Arts. More importantly, they are learning the ABC’s of the Gospel of the Grace of God: Life attitudes, behavior and Christ-centered character. Our challenge is to lead children to know the Lord and His Word so well that they will readily employ Biblical principles and will make wise Lifestyle choices.
For the past 18 months we have instructed two weekly health and well-being classes at a local “Y,” with an average attendance of 15-30, mostly senior adults. I have been very blessed by the Lord with opportunities to share my Christian testimony and to challenge adult practitioners with the Gospel of Grace.
Recently, I have completed an 8-part, Gospel-centered, faith-based anti-bullying power-point presentation to use for churches and in home-school organizations.
Also, I have developed a secular anti-bullying power-point presentation that I am considering using as a possible door opener into local public school.
Extended deputation is a serious ministry concern. For now, I am prayerfully considering other alternatives.
We are in the process of organizing our summer GMA day-camp iitinerary.
Personal Family Updates
- Two months ago, our daughter Rebecca gave birth to Julianna Grace Wells. Both Mother and Baby Girl, Julianna are healthy and well. We are wonderfully blessed to have the Wells family – Chris, Becky, Joshua, Isaiah and Julianna living on the other side of our duplex. For Christmas, I built 26ft. X 12ft. wooden porch.
- Our son Jonathan is studying to become a physician assistant. His son, Jackson and wife Rachel are a joy!
- Our daughter Rachel just turned 20 years old and soon will graduate from community college. No more teens!
- Our foster daughter Malinda also gave birth to our beautiful baby granddaughter Daylan, 1 year 4 months ago.
- Beth’s mother still is living with us. She never complains and loves the Lord! She is very high maintenance for Beth! Everyday, for 6 weeks, Beth has to drive her mother to the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa for cancer treatments. We do have the benefit of 8-hours of professional care-giving services 3-times a week.
- Please pray that Lord opens the doors of schools and churches and uses our anti-bullying power point presentation. Also, please pray that the Lord helps Beth to maintain her physical health!
Triumphantly In Christ’s Love & Grace,
Bob & Beth Xavier